Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Whoa, that's like, so unfair, dude!

S is one of the GPs I used to work with at the rat-hole clinic I go to. She later went to the Laguna office of the clinic to work as the examining physician/ GP there, leaving me and J and C as the GPs for the Quezon City branch. I later learned from one of the GPs of the Laguna branch that they were earning 300 pesos more than us QC branch GPs. I didn't give it anymore thought because I assumed that the Laguna branch was earning more than the QC clinic.

J got a text massage from S yesterday telling her that she had found out that she was getting PhP 300 less than the other GP. She was getting the same rates as we were while the other GP was getting a lot more. She was pretty upset and wanted to find out why. At first, she thought that the secretaries were stealing from her. When she confronted them, she found out that the owner of the clinic, M, was the one who told them to give the other GP a larger PF. The reason was that this other GP had to come all the way from Las Pinas.

Syempre nakakapikon yun para kay S di ba?

She does the same amount of work but for less cash only because she's from Laguna. That's like, unfair dude. Poor S! I texted her and told her to not report for work until they gave her her due. Let's see how they like that! Ha. She texted back and told me that if they didn't fix this, she was leaving.

Poor S. I understand how she feels. Our boss, Doc G also understood how she felt but he wasn't the one who determined the salaries. M did.

M is really a kuripot monkey. We had to pull tooth and nail to get him to pay us a higher PF this year. He only raised the pay because nobody wanted to go work for him. His rat hole clinic has a hard time getting staffed because of the really low salaries.

Sige lang, there's karma. If there's one thing I know, people will always get what's coming to them. Maybe not now, but someday.

No comments: